Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Finding the Good in a Wednesday

Today is a Wednesday and since Wednesdays' are by definition: "blah, lame, and boring" I have nothing of great interest to report. So rather than bore you with another post about the power and glory of sports I have chosen to provide a simple update about what is good about this Wednesday.
5 cool things about today:

5. I only have one week of classes left before I graduate from this ridiculous hoop jumping contest we call college.

Here is a picture of me completing my Fall '05 semester. The third hoop is "Survey of Theater".

4. I pulled out an incredible win on my Tiger Woods '08 Wii game last night. I was down 3 strokes with 3 to play on the incredibly challenging Pebble Beach course when I got my short game going to finish birdie-birdie-eagle and win the tournament. Clutch baby, clutch.



3. I found 4 oral surgeons who were willing to collect extracted teeth for me. I know, you had to read that twice because you thought you read it wrong, but really I have to collect extracted teeth to practice on in dental school and it can be hard getting your hands on enough. It's gross but just be happy for me.


2. The Jazz Playoffs start this weekend (You really thought I would go an entire post without mentioning sports, really?). Well, you could argue that they start tonight with a crucial game against the Spurs that will determine whether or not we have home court advantage in the first round. Either way Meg and I already have our Game 1 tickets!!!

And since I can't resist let me give you 5 keys to the Jazz post season success:

1. Carlos Boozer's jump shot. He has to hit that 12-17 footer for us to win it all.

2. The Money Man. Memo's ability to continue to take his game inside and rebound like the Turkish Bill Russell.

3. TEAM DEFENSE!!! (Especially Ronnie Brewer's D on Manu, Kobe, and T-Mac)

4. Bench production. We have the best bench in the league with Paul, Harp, Kyle, and Ronnie P they just need to play like it.

5. AK-47. He is truly our X factor. When he is confident, happy, and motivated he has the ability to make more game changing plays than anyone else on the floor.


1. I have rediscovered Crispix. Crispix was probably responsible for 62% of my caloric intake between the ages of 7 and 12. Inexplicably I then turned my back on this fine Kellogg's product until my sweet wife suggested that we bring in back into our lives. I am now a happier man.

2 comments:

erin and todd said...

Life is good, life is good. Go Jazz!

I'm A said...

'The third hoop is survey of theatre'...Ha! Oh how I hear you on survey of theatre. College is a little bit of a joke. Just remember to 'be a seagull caught in some barbed wire on a windy beach'... that will help you a lot in dental school.