Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tsunami What?

I did it. I conquered my fears of deadly tsunamis and went camping on the beach. Yes. I actually spent the night in a tsunami hazard zone and lived to tell the tale. We gathered some of our new dental friends (mainly ones with good camping gear) and took off for a quick coastal trip. First stop- Cannon Beach to pick up husbands after a luxurious dental getaway (To make ourselves feel better about missing out on the party Malorie and I heisted some mouth wash and tea packets! Ha! Take that OHSU). We made a brief trip to the beach before taking off for Tillamook.


We stopped at this incredible spot along Highway 101.


We set up camp with elventy too many people at our site. The rangers were not pleased. And who can blame them?They must have known what party animals were are. Just look at Steve going crazy with Catch Phrase.

Tsunami. Hazard. Zone. Kill. Me.

This is just Tyler practicing his etchings of the brachial plexis.

We are serious campers. See the blazing fire? No? Yeah. We ran a little short on fire. Smoke however, we had plenty of.


We spent the following morning freezing our butts off- but playing on the beach none the less. Malorie is one mad kite flier.


Jon and Willy actually did freeze their butts off.

Despite the rather chilly conditions Cape Lookout was beautiful and we had a lovely weekend.

5 comments:

Malorie said...

I'm so glad you introduced me to a new fear, now that I've left the imminent death zone that is the Wasatch fault line. If you're lucky maybe I'll tell you about sink holes.

I'm A said...

That looks really cold and wet. When I come to Portland maybe we should just stick to shopping and eating good food in restaurants. FIND SOME GOOD RESTAURANTS! DO IT!

Em said...

meg, i am so happy to see that you are having a good time!

Christina and Jason said...

I am very proud of you getting over your fear of tsunami's. Words can't even express it.

The McBrides said...

Looks like a blast! Im so glad that you didnt get wiped away by a tsunami- i would worry about such things. The extent of my camping experience is pretty much girls camp which hardly counts but seeing your pictures motivates me to maybe give camping a second chance- non church style!