Saturday, October 18, 2008

I live in a state that demands change

so I decided to roll with that because I too have been feeling the need for change. Maybe not the same kind of change Barack is talking about, but definitely a major life changing change. Not to mention change I can believe in.

I have decided that after 22 long years of not being able to see myself without ridiculously long hair that a little change would do me good. There is a big part of me that has somehow always wrapped my self identity into the length of my hair. Who am I without my long hair? I decided it was high time to find out. So I put in my due dilligence to find an awesome salon and ended up at Ziva. This was really a quick decision. Once I decided to do it- I just did it before I had time to change my mind. Luckily Tyler was 100% on board with this (in fact he is really the main culprit so if you don't like the result take it up with him). So we were both feeling great about the decision until this:

This is the moment when I felt like dying and/or vomiting. Can I get an amen from all the sistas out there who have gone through this before!

Amazingly I survived the big chop off. The worst part was hearing her crunch through my hair with the scissors. But once it was done I felt amazing. I have thought about doing this for years and years and I am SO happy that I finally followed through. Here is the official before and after shot...


Hope you like the new me!

: )

11 comments:

I'm A said...

THAT is my bird shirt. I have been searching for that! You little scammer! P.S. I LOVE the hair. Now we are twins...except yours is cuter.

Unknown said...

haha I knew you would notice the shirt. haha I will give it back at Thanksgiving if you want. I actually thought you knew I had it. : ) And mine is not cuter.

Lavigne Family said...

I LOVE your new hair! I wish I had the guts (and the hair) to cut mine like yours, but sadly I don't have that thick, beautiful Lisonbee hair. Congrats on the change!

Brittany Schmidt said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Your hair is so cute. Is this your surprise? I love it, and can't wait to see what it looks like in real life!

Malorie said...

You won't go back, I promise.

Jani said...

I Love love love it. good choice.

Em said...

you are a sexy vixen with that hair! good for you meg!

Christina and Jason said...

Ahh!! You chopped it..yay! I love it! Short hair is the best! Don't you love how much less time it takes to do? It looks so good!

Anbre said...

Megan...you look stunning! I love the new haircut. I always envied your long hair and now I envy your short hair. I guess we're never content with what we have, right? Glad to see you guys are doing well. Take care!

naezandkidz said...

i love the new hair meg, its way cute on you. Cant wait to see you at thanksgiving.

Caitlin said...

ow ow!!!! lookin good meg! I love it, and i'm proud of you for conquering that one. You look great with a short doo