Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Please explain...

How is it that hard days can just creep into your life totally unexpected and uncalled for?

I have never exactly been one to embrace change, but I have been working on it. I have loved the big changes in my life and been grateful for all of the wonderful things and people that have come into my life because of it.
But sometimes my old self sneaks up on me and I remember that I don't really love change and I do in fact miss home. I miss my city, my home, my beautiful mountains, and mostly I miss my friends and my family.

I love my life in Portland, and I would not change it for the world. But sometimes growing up is hard. I would never want to go backwards, but I would love for it to be possible to keep in touch with every person that I love. I will try to work on that. I think I also need to remember that it is impossible to fill the hole that old friends and loved family do. And I do find it a beautiful part of life, that no matter how many wonderful people are a part of your life- there is always room for more. I have been exceptionally blessed to have a life full of amazing people.
So I am just grateful that when these pesky down days creep up on me that I have my amazing husband, my wonderful family and friends to call and mostly a loving Father in Heaven who I know is looking out for me.

6 comments:

todd and erin said...

Hey--I'm sorry you are having a rough time. We miss you too! And hopefully we can come play in the next few months! Maybe it will make you feel better to know that sometimes I get jealous of the adventure you are having! It sounds fabulous!

Dasha said...

Growing up sucks. I think all of us have days like that, whether they come about because we miss home, miss being young and carefree, or just wish that we could know what the future will bring. So just know that it happens to all of us.
And I'm glad we can sort of keep in touch through our lovely little blogs :).

Christina and Jason said...

you said it perfectly! :)

Brittany Schmidt said...

I totally understand. I wish those days or weeks would go away as well, but at the same time it makes us stronger. I'm glad that we have such good friends and family here that help take care of us. :)

Em said...

oh meg. that is so honest. you are a much stronger person than me. When (if) I move away i'll be crying and down all the time.

p.s. could be worse...Philly. :)

jt_mama said...

Oh Meg we miss you guys too.
But know that you guys are so loved that even when you are away, you are enveloped in the glow of all the peace and joy and love we and the Lord have to offer you.
I am so glad we are related, and even more glad I like you so much!