Friday, April 3, 2009

Get Real...Reality TV That Is

Alright friends, it has been awhile. Lets talk reality TV. This weeks discussion? Inspired by my lovely and witty friend Dasha, the topic: Dancing With the Stars. And don't even try to tell me you don't love this show as much as I do. I can admit that my over obsessiveness with The Bachelor is the only reason that I decided to watch this season. And now I wonder Why? Why have I not been watching this all along? It is brilliantly unfair, brilliantly hilarious and really just brilliant. And ABC is genius for replacing the injured Jewel for the damsel with the most tragic story, Melissa. I can just see the DWTS producers dancing with glee when they realized Jewel was not going to be able to perform. And how can I blame them? Melissa is smokin hot, talented and loaded full of drama.


I just can't get enough of the costumes and makeup and hair doing. I feel like I am on drill team all over again looking at all the bangles and rhinestones and glitter and fake eyelashes. And listening to the judges make their nonsensical comments. It really takes me back. I mean who wouldn't want to subject themselves to this show? Both as a television viewer or a competitor. The fun is just too much to handle.

Now really there are two sections to this show. The section where you watch people like Holly Maddison (who I totally love, but that is another reality TV post for another day), Steve-O and the founder guy of Apple- for sheer hilarity. But I have to say, I love the Apple guy. I think he is awesome for doing this and being so hilarious. He thinks this show is a total joke, and for that I hope he wins. And I feel incredibly bad for Steve-O. I think he looks like crying every week when the judges tell him he sucks. I actually think he is trying really hard and wants to be good. Poor guy. And just for the record I also love Jewels adorable husband who is doing so well and dancing with adorable Chelsie from another of my favorite reality TV shows! Oh there is just so much reality TV intertwined with reality TV that I can hardly contain myself!

Now the obvious top three candidates are Gilles (and for those who don't know him just watch the Sex In The City movie...can't miss him), Melissa and Shawn. Who do you think should win? I am so torn. I think I want Gilles to win, but then the Bachelor fan in me starts to feel guilty because it would be seriously funny to see Melissa win and turn it into some heroine story. And who doesn't love Shawn Johnson? It is unpatriotic not to love her. Okay now that I think about it I want her to win. Yes. Shawn. I am feeling better now that I have decided.

So to sum it up- all I can say is that I am so happy I have found the ridiculousness that is Dancing With the Stars. If you need a nice introduction to it, come on over Monday night. Ty and I will show you...you can't help but love it.

3 comments:

I'm A said...

im really sad that i almost never watch this show. holly is my favorite...or maybe denise...they just suck SO bad. Also, I have no memory of taking that flower picture...where did you find it?

Dasha said...

Dude, I totally heart Jewel's husband! I am rooting for him all the way. Even though I think his days on the show are numbered.

Caitlin said...

So I never watched dancing with the stars... I feel like I should now. But I have a different obsession, The Biggest Loser, will you start watching it so we can blog about it together please?