Thursday, July 2, 2009

One year ago

I was the most homesick I have ever been since moving to Portland. I was so sad to be away from my family for he 4th of July. Our traditional neighborhood breakfast and parade followed by swimming at whoevers pool we could get into has always had a sentimental spot in my heart. I was so sad to be away for that day. I remember trying to put on a happy face and hoping that things would get better.
Well since then things definitely have changed and gotten much better. I love Portland and really feel at home here. So much has changed over the last year and I am grateful for all that I have learned, and for all the amazing people I have met and become friends with. I feel blessed every day.

Now one year later I am so excited for this 4th of July weekend! Ty and I have decided to take a little road trip. We are going to visit Crater Lake {somewhere I have always wanted to go!}
{image here}
And the Jedidiah Smith Redwood Forest. It is clearly going to be a beautiful trip.

{image here}

Now, Tyler has never been a fan of road trips...so I am not totally sure what has come over him...but I am not going ask because I for one love a good road trip and can't wait to get on our way. Our car is loaded with treats and pillows and sparklers {for our little celebration at night on the 4th} and we are ready for adventure!

{image here}

Have a beautiful Independence Day!

8 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

I'm very jealous. I really want to go to the crater lake. Please take lots of pictures with your crappy camera. And drive safely!

Ty and Meg said...

Yeah. I hate my stupid camera.

daniellejackson said...

Have fun!! Thanks again for dinner! It was delish!

Em said...

Meg! This post sang to me. I too am super homesick right now. The 4th is the BEST in Holladay!

Caitlin said...

Sounds like fun!! A true adventure, I'm glad to hear you're making the most of your time there! And I wish I had been able to see you while I was oh so close on the west coast! We'll have to plan another reunion. Happy fourth!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy 4th! sounds like you guys are going to have a rockin weekend!-it was so good to talk to you the other day and I must say that I love your attitude on being away from your family and missing out on your traditions. I totally need a better attitude towards moving away! be safe and let us know how your little trip was!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like fun! Crater Lake really is gorgeous. I hope you had a fantastic time!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like fun! Crater Lake really is gorgeous. I hope you had a fantastic time!