Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A little sunshine does a lot of good

And a lot of making me not want to work. But that is for another post. One of our favorite friends came in town this weekend. And to celebrate his arrival, his job interview {which we hope he gets so he lives by us} and the fact that the sun actually showed its face I took the day off work and we headed to the beautiful Oregon coast. We were so lucky to get such a fabulous day in the middle of February. And while hobbling around the rocky beach in my boot was rather challenging, I am so glad we made the trip.Being outside in the sun did wonders rejuvenating Ty and I. We spent the afternoon on the beach, eating some Mo's clam chowder {I agree with Mal on the meh} and then enjoying some divine Tillamook ice cream {which was definitely not meh}.

Then to finish up a lovely day I went and got my hair cut...which always makes a good day even better.

Thanks for coming to visit Lou! Come back soon.

6 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Hey, I've been there! That makes me sad.

Ty and Meg said...

Then come visit me and we will go!

Tara said...

I agree! I am loving this sunshine, it does wonders for my mood! I can't wait to see your new hair cut!

Caitlin said...

Ok... wait a second. What the heck! Tillamook icecream??!?!?! How did I not know about that. I am sure it is awesome. Rob and I live off of Tillamook cheese, so I'm pretty sure we'll have to try that. You're hair is cute. You are cute. You guys are cute! I'm glad you are having a grand ol' time.

Ty and Meg said...

Oh yes Cait. Come to Portland and I will take you to the Tillamook cheese factory where you can eat the best cheese and icecream ever. Yum.

Dasha said...

So when I lived in Alaska they sold Tillamook ice cream in the grocery store and it was to die for. There was a huckleberry flavor that was amazing and the chocolate peanut butter was nothing short of orgasmic. They sell Tillamook cheese in Utah- why not the freaking delicious ice cream? It makes me sad.