Thursday, July 8, 2010

A little of this and a little of that

Ty and I have been fighting the crappy weather and doing our best to be outside as much as possible. We have been hiking and camping and wandering the rose garden. It has been a busy past month at our house with finals, make up finals (now that the collarbone is in working order), trips, work and everything else that life throws at us. So here is a quick catch up on a few things we have been doing.
I got to go home to Utah for my beautiful friend Nicole's wedding. I also got to hang out with my family, go to my sister's baby shower, and fall in love with Utah summers all over again (that dry dry summer heat is as good as it gets).
My brother Danny is super awesome and was willing to fill in for Tyler and be my date to Nicole's wedding dinner. We had a ridiculously fun time. Lucky for me I have very cool brothers (cute ones too).It was so much fun to be a part of Nicole's wedding. It is always awesome to see the people you love so happy, and doing great things with their lives. It was a beautiful wedding at Tuscany.
The wedding also served as a mini high school reunion. It was surprisingly fun to see so many old friends from high school, and to catch up with a few friends that I see a little more often.
After my quick weekend home Ty and I spent some time playing with our camera at the rose garden. We don't really know how to use it yet, but we are still having lots of fun pretending. We also went on a beautiful little hike that I cannot for the life of me remember what or where it is. Well, I am pretty sure it is somewhere in the gorge. That should clear things up right? Well, where ever it is it was awesome and we loved it. The wildflowers are slowly starting to come out, which is always my favorite thing.
More to come soon from our 4th of July weekend at Mt. Hood.
In other news:
Carlos Boozer is no longer with the Jazz. Lets all shout Good Riddance! to him.
Also, we are now counting down the days, not the months or weeks until we get a new little baby in our family and I become an official Aunt. Excited does not even come a little bit close to what my whole family is feeling. Yay.

7 comments:

todd and erin said...

Loved the pictures and the catch up. Your life always sounds so fun. Yay for Megan being an aunt!

The McBrides said...

your pictures are gorgeous, you know how to work that camera way better than I do! I LOVE the dress you wore to the wedding, super super cute! Will you be here for rickie's wedding? Im looking forward to seeing everyone

daniellejackson said...

I love the flower pics! Great job! Looks like fun at the wedding! I need hike suggestions from you guys for when my family comes! You are good to get out and do things!

Tara said...

I LOVE the picture of the bright pink rose! So pretty! We still have yet to visit the rose gardens...

Mary Kelly said...

You are looking as gorgeous as ever. Glad you are able to find lots of things to stay busy this summer. You should test out your photography skills at the Rhodie gardens over on the east side of the river- although it is past the peek of the flowering it is still amazing!

Dasha said...

Oh man I felt like throwing a parade when I heard about Boozer. Glory hallelujah.

Glad you got to come home for a few days. Although I'm thinking I would trade beautiful green Portland for this dry dessert any day of the week.

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Thanks for not posting that photo of me looking hugely preggo. Come back to SLC now kay?