Monday, August 2, 2010

More hiking!

Tyler and I are really trying to get out every chance we get. On one of our random excusions through the gorge we stumbled upon another awesome hike. Well, I am not sure you can exactly call it a hike, as it was less than a mile long, but it quickly became a new favorite. You bascially walk up a river to a big waterfall. It involves climbing over a rather large and precarious log jam and then wading up to your waist through the pools of the river that lead to the fall. Next time we will go on a sunnier day so we will be more willing to really go for a swim. It was beautiful though and we will definitely be heading back soon.

5 comments:

todd and erin said...

This hike seems pretty incredible. We need to come visit you and go on this hike.

The McBrides said...

what a beautiful hike! You guys live in paradise! So glad to see that Caroline made it here safe and sound, I was starting to get worried (more for Andrea's sanity!) She is adorable, and I can't believe how cute their hospital pictures are! Congrats on being a new aunt, can't wait to see you next week!

Dasha said...

That's it. I'm coming to Oregon. Those moss-covered rocks just look to inviting to resist.

Ty and Meg said...

Dasha...come...stay at my house. We will hike until our legs fall off. It will be great.

daniellejackson said...

I need to figure out how to get steve to go on a hike... I am dying to go on a waterfall hike!