Friday, October 29, 2010

Chi Town

I spent the last five days in Chicago on a business trip. I can honestly say it is the most tired I have ever been in my life. I worked 76 hours in 5 days. But I had an awesome time thanks to the fantastic people I worked with and got to know, and the amazing event I got to host. Plus Chicago is pretty cool too.
Chicago is a beautiful city. Especially at night. I loved the tiny bit that I got to see. I am now an excellent drink orderer. Virgin Style. I got a lot of practice in. Let me tell you. Open bars all week long equate to a great deal of drinking.
Doesn't that look delightful? Sometimes late at night when you are deliriously tired, strange things happen.
I only got to go out one night, but I fell in love with Chicago. I cannot wait to go back on vacation when I can actually explore the city. I think I like it more than New York, even from the small bit that I saw.

This is the awesome team I worked with.
We had a beautiful cocktail reception at the Art Institute.

It was a crazy, busy and fabulous time. My work really knows how to throw an extravagant party. It was very cool to be a part of it. Now if only I could get a job in the communications department...aka the party planners of my company...

8 comments:

todd and erin said...

That drink looks so good. And I'm glad the fancy event went well. It's always a bummer when you travel for work and don't get to sight-see much...but please tell me you at least got to eat some Chicago pizza??

Unknown said...

haha yes on the last night we ordered pizza. And it was fantastic. As was most of the food we ate.

daniellejackson said...

Looks awesome! I'd love to go there sometime! I've only flown over it... Looks like some fancy shindigs going on there!

Kris and MaLanie said...

Sounds exhausting! My parents are moving to Chicago after Christmas so I'm super excited to go visit and check out the city. It looks awesome!

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

I love love love chicago! We went there for our first anniversary. Next time you must try Oberwiess dairy shakes! Mmmm....nothing better.

Christina and Jason said...

I've heard so much about Chicago lately! Must mean I need to go there. Maybe a yay-we paid off our loans in 10 years trip?? haha. Glad you had fun and the event turned out well!

Christina and Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea Mouritsen said...

Yeah, where are the pictures of the pizza? And the Chicago hot dogs??