Friday, June 17, 2011

One year and One week

I am feeling good today. It must be because the sun is out. Summer is really holding out on us in Portland. So a sunny Friday means I am suddenly feeling a cough coming on...I mean chances are the sun won't be back for another week or two, and I am not taking any chances.This morning as I dropped Tyler off at school I passed the big white tents and tables being set up for the dental school graduation. I had a rush of two very different emotions. One, I WISH that was us! And, only ONE year left?? I don't think I am ready for that. It is a strange combination of being so ready to start our lives and be done with studentdom that I could scream, while at the same time knowing I am going to miss this phase of our lives and all of the wonderful people that are a part of it. But ready or not I know it will be here before we know it. I know we will be both cheering and gritting our teeth for what is ahead.
***
One week from today we head off on a much needed vacation. We are going to Whistler, BC and I cannot wait. I am making daily sacrifices to the Sun Gods. I really really need a sunny mountain experience. And some pool time. We are also hoping for a peaceful riot free stop in Vancouver. But either way, I know it is going to be a beautiful and exciting trip.
Here is to looking forward to one week and one year from today.

8 comments:

todd and erin said...

I can't believe that has all happened so quickly! I hope you both enjoy your last year! It has me thinking too...in one year we will be celebrating the end of our FIRST year!

daniellejackson said...

ONE MORE YEAR! Crazy town!

Tara said...

It is definitely bittersweet! It will be hard to leave such good friends behind, but so nice to finally start having a real life! :) I hope the sun comes out too!!!

Dasha said...

Man, it is crazy how time flies. I remember talking to you at one of the get-togethers back when you lived in SLC and you guys were still deciding where you wanted to move and now Tyler's almost finished! Have you decided what you're going to do after he graduates? Still considering the Alaska thing?

Ty and Meg said...

We have no idea at all what we are going to do. It is still on the table...but I am not sure if I still want to do Alaska. First choice would be to stay in Portland for a few years then try and buy a practice in Utah. But who knows.

Amanda Mo. said...

That's so exciting! I am a super jealous girl right now! Plus, I love that you have a blog. :)

Christina and Jason said...

Yea for graduating and paying off student loans haha. Really though, yea for a paycheck! I feel like this last year is torture in a way-working for free labor and so close yet so far! Can't wait though and maybe we can afford to come to oregon soon. Enjoy your trip and can't wait to hear about it.

Andrea Mouritsen said...

You seriously go on more trips than anyone I know. Every time I talk to you you are either on or planning another camping trip. My last trip was New York. Boo.

Awesome sunflower picture.