Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had the most amazing Thanksgiving break. This was the first time in our five plus years of marriage where we stayed home for the whole holiday and did pretty much nothing. It was fabulous. We spent the five days off relaxing with each other, setting up our Christmas decorations and spending time with friends. It was a much needed rest for both Ty and I. We had Thanksgiving dinner with our good friends the Jacksons. It was low key and the food was amazing. We loved it.

We got our black Friday shopping on for the first and probably last time this year. The mall was a nightmare at midnight, mostly because it was overrun with high school students just looking for something to do. The one item we were there for did not pan out so to keep it from being a total waste of time we did manage to get some candles from Bath and Body Works. Worth it? Not even close. We went home and crashed and then I got up again at 4:30 in the morning (WHAT!?!) to go buy a glider at Babies R Us. I hate that store at my best, so at 5:00 AM with a bunch of crazy shoppers I was not a happy camper. I thought for sure no one else
would be there besides me. I am clearly new to this Black Friday business - because it was packed with pregnant mothers, which is a scary thing. But I did manage to get one of the few gliders that were on super sale, so at least it was a success. I was back in bed by 5:30 and slept until almost 11:00. No more Black Friday for me.

It only took Tyler and I about 2 1/2 hours to set this bad boy up. The directions had no words. Pictures only.

I wanted to throw the thing into the fire by the end, but luckily no one was injured and we now have a gigantic rocker. Maybe not my favorite color, but the price highly recommended it.


I also go my craft on with Danielle and Katie. We made ornament wreaths which turned out surprisingly cute in my opinion. I am always proud when I can pull off crafting on any level.
And for the few family members that care, a picture of my ever growing stomach.
This is at 23 weeks.
And just to make this the longest and most random post here are some pictures from the weekend before Thanksgiving. We finally had our much anticipated girls weekend. We had talked about doing this forever and since there will be too many new babies in the spring we had our little "graduation" party early. It was a fabulous night out. I feel so lucky to have such amazing friends. They have made these dental school years so much fun. I don't know what I will do without every single one of them. I try not to think about that yet.
Tyler also played in about 8 hours of Turkey Bowls. He loved every second of it. His class has been playing flag football every weekend in the fall since school began. It was a bitter sweet moment when they completed their final Turkey Bowl. With no real surprise, they won first place.
Tyler's class:
And that sums up the last few weeks. I cannot believe November is already over. I feel like Halloween was yesterday, which means that Christmas will be here in no time. I cannot wait.

7 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Cute little baby bump. You still look small so lucky you. And I think the glider looks great. Also, can you make me a crafty ornament wreath? K sarser?

daniellejackson said...

Way to go getting that glider put together! It looks great! Thanks for joining us for Thanksgiving. It's a shame we didn't get any pictures. Your baby bump is looking so cute, and I really like that sweater!

The McBrides said...

I attempted my first black friday shopping as well, totally disaster. never again. That is awesome that you could score your glider, well worth the early morning madness! I love holidays that are spent relaxing- all the run around can leave you feeling like you need a vacation from your vacation! So excited to see you in a few weeks!

Lizzie Jones said...

You look beautiful, Meg!

Dasha said...

You are a brave soul. Black Friday shopping terrifies me. I do love the bath and body works candles though. We got the merry mistletoe scent this year and it is delightful.

Kris and MaLanie said...

I love those Christmas ornament wreaths!! I have got to make one. Your baby bump is adorable and still tiny. Black Friday is madness but the glider will be totally worth it once the baby comes.

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

you look beautiful! Also way to go on the wreaths! I love it!