Sunday, March 16, 2008

San Diego


Last month we used Tyler's brother's birthday as an excuse to go to San Diego and watch the Super Bowl with his family. It was quite an event. Kevan, (Ty's Dad ) even made the trip from Hawaii. When you get the Scott boys together for any reason you are always in for a unique experience- but when you get them all together for a sporting event...it is probably best to just leave the house (Which I did) (For awhile- But don't worry, Tyler would not allow me to miss the entire Super Bowl. And sad to say he has managed to brain wash me enough to actually want to watch the game- not just the commercials. I know. Weird.) Anyways, here is a little taste of the crazy sporting fanatics that are my husband and his father:


**Notice the open mouthed scream coming from both of them. Also note Jackson's total disinterest. Clearly his father has caused him to become immune to sudden and thunderous outbursts during sporting events.**
Fortunately for me the entire trip was not spent watching football. We went to the ZOO! If you have not been to the San Diego Zoo you are missing out.


This guy was our favorite. He is San Diego Zoo's oldest orangutan at about a million or so years old.
Now the highlight of our trip was undoubtedly spending time with our nephews. I challenge you to find two cuter boys than this. Seriously.
Meet Teddy and Jack. The cutest ever. Our favorite Teddy comments included: him whining that sharing "Is not fair to me!" and that "Cleaning up is BOORRRING!" I have since used the same useful phrases on Tyler. They seem to work well for me. Thanks Teddy.


Jackson gave me a fun surprise one night when I walked in to find him standing on his brothers desk, his piggy bank and puzzle scattered about his feet. As I lifted him off the desk I realized he was very wet. Not only was he wet but all of the money and the puzzle were as well. I say "Jack why are you so wet?" His calm reply, "I peed". Now Jack is new to the whole potty training thing and there is A LOT of "water" everywhere, so I am hoping that he is just confused, or being funny. So I ask again, "Jack where did this water come from?" He answered, "From my weenie." So there you have it. It came from his weenie. Very nice. He was quite pleased with himself.

It was a quick but enjoyable getaway. We all enjoyed ourselves a great deal (except Tyler, who for about 5 hours was feeling the ill effects of eating too much "authentic" Mexican food....if you know what I mean). With that wonderful visual we leave you with something more pleasant, if only slightly, an image of 3 generations of Scott men.

*Kamal, Teddy, Kevan, Jackson and Ty*

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Oh I loved this blog. Especially the part about the pee. It reminds me of this time when I watched my nephew and he pooped on the public slide. It went down his leg, and all over the slide. I asked him what happened and he said "I pooped". Meg, I miss you! I can't believe I just barely found your blog! I can't wait for more updates. :)