Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lets debate.

I'm afraid to admit, but I am being torn in two very different directions right now. One of my most guilty pleasures has returned to television. When last season ended and the season before that I swore to myself I was done. I would not watch it again. It had become far to ridiculous even for me. Hard to imagine. I know. Every time an episode ends I KNOW a little bit of what is good in the withers and dies. So I felt that there was no question this time. This time would be different. This time it would be possible to say no and take my life back. But the contestants have been posted and suddenly I am starting to have a cold sweat at the thought of not tuning in. I don't know if I can do it. I don't know if I am strong enough.

ANTM is back.

Again. And again we can learn through example how to smile with our eyes for the camera that loves us.

I mean last season really could not have been worse. Granted Mckey (despite her name and inability to speak or dress like something that was not born in Xenia Warrior Princess times) was a pretty striking and surprisingly talented model. Granted she could have been missing an eye and had a gnarled face and I would have been more happy with her winning than the wretched Whitney from Cycle 10. Although I will submit that it was the highlight of my week to see Whitney's commercials. I never thought I would say it- but I think I actually enjoyed them more than Jaslene's! Which is saying something. However- the season could not have been worse. And yet...

SERIOUSLY! SHE WON?!?! SERIOUSLY? Aghskhdngk I think I choking on my shock/annoyance. Again.

The ANTM blood runs deep in my veins. Tyra's God complex is almost too good to be true. She gets crazier and crazier every cycle and I don't know if I can miss out on the fun. Not watching would be like giving up my first born to...well to Tyra.

Sigh. I just don't know what to do. I am afraid unless someone intervenes I will be plastered to my TV on the season premiere eating mass amounts of junk food and weeping a little wishing my siser was there with me like old times. But in the mean time while you try to decide to either dissuade me or join me in my troubles, visit here for more contestant details and here for my very most favorite part of watching ANTM...fourfour recaps.

6 comments:

Malorie said...

watch! watch! watch! You don't have to tell anyone. But I will be there secretly watching it too.

Dasha said...

There are two BEAUTFIUL girls standing in front of me, but I only have ONE photo in my hands...
Tyra has a gift for subtlety, no?

Dasha said...

I actually only watched one season of ANTM because there were these supremely awkward twins on it that were just awesome to watch. But by the end of that thing I swear my brain had dissolved and was leaking out my ears.

Ty and Meg said...

But you LOVED it didnt you. I know you did. I remember that season. Those twins were pretty ugly.

I'm A said...

You know I will be watching. I can't resist. I love Tyra too much.

The Hanson Family said...

I watch and have no regrets for doing so. So give in and enjoy!!!