Monday, August 24, 2009

A little rafting adventure...

After this weekends adventure of rafting the White Salmon, I have decided I want to quit my job, have Tyler drop out of school and become major outdoor granola type people like our guides. There is this very strange part of me that would totally love to be one of those ski/outdoor bum kind of people. I'm sure after 2 weeks in a tent with minimal showers I would change my mind...but thats how I felt after our amazing raft trip! I just love being outside and doing challenging things. Tyler and I have been trying to do something fun every weekend while he is out of school, and this was definitely a highlight. Tyler and I were lucky enough to go with 4 girls who were very nervous so they wanted us to be in the front...which was nice because we were ready to fight to be in the front. I had never been rafting before and it was incredible. I am now addicted. The rapids were pretty intense, the scenery was gorgeous, the weather was perfect and there was a spot along the river that we got to cliff jump from. We had such an amazing time. The highlight was at the end of the trip when we got to go down a 10 foot waterfall. Luckily our guide was superb and we didn't end up flipping...just being completely submerged. Very awesome. I highly recommend you all go...and take me with you when you do!


{Oh...and did I mention our highly muscular and attractive British guide? Just a small perk for the lady folk like me.}

8 comments:

todd and erin said...

10 foot waterfall? AWESOME! I'm glad you had so much fun!

Dasha said...

I used to dream of being a river guide! And sadly, I don't even think the whole shower thing would phase me. Not Showering is my favorite.

Mary Kelly said...

Love the intense look on your faces in the first picture! What a fun way to end the summer.

daniellejackson said...

You guys look great up front there! How fun!

Caitlin said...

so fun!! Live it up! And, you would make a GREAT granola couple.

Anonymous said...

Way to go you guys! You have been out and about a lot and I am very jealous! you guys always do such fun things! I miss you! we need to catch up!

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Here is your comment.

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Ha.