Thursday, September 24, 2009

Interlaken...From Above

While I am anxiously awaiting the CD of all of our pictures from Europe so that I might share them with all of you, {they are currently being compiled by A} I figured I would post the only photos I have. While we were in Interlaken, Switzerland we decided to get our adventure on a do a little paragliding. It was so amazing. And Switzerland is breathtakingly beautiful. And I got the cute guide...much to the dismay of all the single ladies.

There was a point while flying that I remembered that I have a little problem with motion sickness. I remembered this because I suddenly had an overwhelming need to {how do you put it daintily?} vomit. I realized that this could possibly result in the most mortifying moment of my life because it would mean one of three things: 1- I throw up all over my cute guides legs, 2- It is windy enough that it all comes right back into my face or 3- it falls to the earth below and lands...where? On someone's head? On someone's windshield? I dont even want to think about it. It got a little closer than I would like when my guide asked me, "You like roller coasters? Yes? We go on a roller coaster ride." Then proceeded to release the parachute somehow and we begin to plummet to the earth doing a corkscrew. While very very fun, it was almost too much. Lucky for me I have years of practice at calming my sad little motion sick self and I was able to land without any unspeakably embarrassing moments.

With the stint of sickness aside, this was one of the high points of the trip. It was absolutely incredible, and definitely a once in a life time experience for me!

10 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Yay! Coo pictures. I need to upload mine...and give them to you.

todd and erin said...

That looks amazing. I'm glad you didn't vomit.

Christina and Jason said...

That is incredible! I'm so glad you had such a good time, and that you didn't come back with a most mortifying moment!

Anonymous said...

Meg... How fun! I so want to go paragliding in a big way! I am so glad that you were able to go on such a fun trip and have an awesome time! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Cougarfan#1 said...

Awww....Interlaken and Bern were my favorite spots when did our backpacking adventure. I can't wait to see more pictures! Glad you had a nice time.

Dasha said...

That looks incredible! I'm excited to hear about the rest of your European adventure!

Unknown said...

Meg, your pictures are awesome, what a neat experience. I can totally relate on the whole "motion sickness" thing. Icky times, but glad it turned out okay :)

kliso said...

Meg was that guy like six ten or was the slope of the ground that steep? Look at the first picture.

Chelsie Milne said...

Oh my goodness!! FUN! That is so cool you guys got to do that! I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures! :)

Nicole said...

hello! i've been anxious to hear about your european adventures, you are so brave! i love interlaken, it's so clean and beautiful there.