Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pinch Hitting

Today is day 15 of 17 being away from my wonderful wife while she is off galavanting around Europe with friends and family. I am happy to report that I have survived this long and it appears that I will make it all the way until Saturday evening when Megan returns thanks in large part to my dear mother who fed and lodged me for 10 days in SLC, and our great friends here in Portland who have likewise provided many wonderful meals and entertaining distraction during this perilous time.

While my primary purpose in going to Utah was self preservation the trip did offer a myriad of different non-food related perks. I had a great time hiking in the beautiful but overtly vertical Wasatch mountains. Silver Lake near Brighton is sentimental favorite.



We also had a great two day trip to Bryce Canyon which was far more stunning and mezmerizing than I remembered.







I also got to go to the Utes home opener against Utah State which is of course the first game we played since our BCS Beatdown of the Alabama were this guy had one of the sweetest signs I've ever seen.
It was so great to be back in Rice-Eccles with my old friends watching the Utes start what we hope to be another BCS Busting season. I had a great time back in Utah and it's been a wonderful, much needed break from school. Saturday I'm off to Eugene so Stevenson and I can put our friendship on the line for the big Ducks-Utes showdown where I will do my best not get Legarretted Blount-ed by any depressed and unruly Duck fans after my Utes put a Mountain West sized beat down on the the over confident Ducklings.
GO UTES!!!!

1 comment:

Marilee said...

Tyler, We loved having you here for 10 wonderful days. You and your great friends added a lot of joy to our home. I'll be watching the Utes game against the Ducks. Please don't get lynched when the Utes kick some butt! Just 48 hours and your sweetheart returns. You made it!!!!!