Thursday, November 5, 2009

This Is It

Last night I saw 'This Is It.' Things have been really hectic this week, so I almost just didn't go. What a mistake that would have been! This really was marvelous. I loved Michael's descriptive way of speaking. Particularly about how certain notes should "nourish" us, and breaks in sound need to "shimmer."

At 50 he was still the riveting performer he was at 15. What a shame that he is gone. I love his music and dance, like so many others, to a fairly ridiculous level. This concert would have been phenomenal. What a heartbreak for all of the people who worked so closely with Michael to pull this off. There is something about dance that really moves me and speaks to me. Watching the performers in this movie was so awesome. I doubt there will ever be a dancer and performer that will ever come close to filling the shoes of MJ.

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Oh man, it is such an amazing film. I'm glad you saw it. It is sad he's gone, but he has left an amazing legecy behind.

Dasha said...

I couldn't decide if I wanted to see it or not but now that I've read your review I think I'll definitely check it out.

Christina and Jason said...

I tried to get Jason to go see this...he laughed :( I agree with you, he's an incredible dancer and sadly no one will ever be as good.