Thursday, November 19, 2009

Star Trek

Space... the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before....{Sigh}
Please tell me that you love this show as much as I do. Recently Ty and I discovered that this is on every night at 10:00. Our new nightly ritual is to get ready for bed while watching. What better show to drift off to sleep to? I mean, how do you not L.O.V.E a show that says things like:
They are dropping to sub-warp speed... !
or
Reduce to impulse power... !
or even better:
Actually, the forces responsible for this effect would create a random transporter distribution inversely proportional to the density of the ship...
and even better still:
How intriguing. I believe we can deduce these crystalline tree-shapes to be energy collectors. Along the same principle that is draining energy from our ships!
OF COURSE!

Data is so smart. And Reading Rainbow Geordi with that banana clip visor? And Jean-Luc? So dreamy. And Troi? Total babe. Right? When I used to watch this show with my Dad and Sarser I always wanted to be Troi. Her huge black hair and hottie body suit were too awesome. But back to the point. Tyler and I love this show. A lot. And we are oh so glad that it has come back into our lives. Sometimes we try to come up with our own star trek lines...such as:
"Captain! The intergalactical biozone is crashing into our suboshphere!"
Give it a try. I think you will like it.

8 comments:

Malorie said...

Me and Jon just had a conversation about this show the other night, as I identified all the characters and Jon looked at me like I was crazy. It was either watch this show with my brother or go to bed growing up... and I can't say no to tv. Plus, I kind of liked it.

Andrea Mouritsen said...

I will continue, aboard this ship, to speak for the Borg. While they continue, without further diversion, to Sector 001, where they will force your unconditional surrender. Dismissed!

Andrea Mouritsen said...

At maximum warp, in 2 years, 7 months, 3 days, 18 hours, we would reach Starbase 185

Ty and Meg said...

ha. yay.

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Ahhh, sadly i do not share the ultimate love from my childhood, however, stevenson has showed me the goodness that Star Trek is. And the movie comes out tomorrow to rent/own- merry christmas stevenson!

kliso said...

I will take full credit for your love of Star Trek. For it was I that sent you hurling through "Space, the final frontier," at warp speed to visit the neutral zone, to battle the Romulans, Investigate a strange anomaly, or pass through the Cardassian badlands while trying to maintain warp core stability in the dilithium matrix because the dilithium crystal converter assembly's deuterium injection situated directly in front of the warp plasma conduits were malfunction.
Oh the good times

Did you know that it has never been confirmed whether or not there is any actual blood in Klingon bloodwine

Ty and Meg said...

HA! Dad that is for sure the funniest thing you have ever written. haha oh man...I am dying right now.

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Dad? Is that you? So many words. Wow. Hilarious.