Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Flower Power

I have been doing a little crafting. Not very like me, I know. If you didn't know, I have a little obsession with headbands - sort of along the lines of nail polish, shoes, and purses. Anyway- After being depressed that all the cute ones I like are 50 gajillion dollars on every Etsy shop in and out of town, I decided it would be a fun adventure to make my own. And here are some examples of what I came up with. Apparently my mediums are felt and zipper. I have to give all credit for the felt flowers to Danielle, who is a much more experienced and skilled crafter than I, and without her I would be flowerless. She got me going. I love the felt ones for buns or even to clip on your coat or shirt.
There is a hair clip and pin on back of each flower! Yay!
Felt
Zipper
P.S. I know these pictures are bad- I just took them of myself sitting at my desk. So bear with me and I will get some better ones up at some point.

But! If you like them I would love to make one for you! These are great little stocking stuffers. You don't have to pick the colors you see here. I can do them big or small in pretty much any color. Two flowers and a headband are $10 (Or two small flowers and one big one). And don't worry, I won't feel bad if you don't buy one because I will just wear them all myself!
Email me at megscott86@gmail.com if you are interested and we can talk business.
Serious business.
Happy Holidays!

9 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

I want a red/coral/pink flower and a Tiffany blue flower please. Zipper fabric. Brown headband. See here: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2624/3871678883_c35f18ba2a.jpg

Andrea Mouritsen said...

And also...see here:

http://nicolebdesign.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/aqua-and-poppy1.jpg

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Ok...also...you can go ahead and see here:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fHt1JYhaJAE/SKBYIlPsM8I/AAAAAAAAPms/3WswzSgv6m8/s1600-h/32.jpg

Get it?

Andrea Mouritsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ty and Meg said...

Got it.

Caitlin said...

cute!!! You are crafty AND creative!

Christina and Jason said...

soo...we could just bag dinner and you could teach me how to make head bands (I'm kind of but kind of not serious) haha. I love them!

The McBrides said...

super cute! we are doing a girls night with my family tomorrow and making headbands too, I hope they turn out as cute as yours! You are quite the crafty little lady! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Rosie said...

I have another idea for you...i'll wear it to book club:)