Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bored at work on a Thursday, but I am...

Feeling lucky to have this cute boy in my life. He is one wonderful husband.
He had to get shots in his mouth for the first time yesterday at school. {What dentists have never had a cavity or braces!?} The fun part is that he was given shots by someone who was giving the shot for the first time. Which would be a sad story except he then turned around and gave shots to that same person for the first time as well. I felt bad for him. But he said his partner did a great job.
{Thanks for not traumatizing my husband Stevenson}
I will just say I am glad it was him and not me.

To celebrate his surviving 'stab lab' we ordered a huge batch of papa johns bread sticks and ate every one of them...including that horrifying butter sauce that is oh so good as long as you don't know how many calories are in it. {And I don't so please no one ever tell me}
And in other news my brother has been on his mission for 9 months! Where does the time go? I can't wait until April when I can say he has been gone a year. While the time does fly, I can't wait to have him home again.

7 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Tell Tyler that once I got a shot in my mouth from a dentist and I never even felt it. It was amazing. And I have never forgotten that dentist. So he should get THAT good and then his patients will stick with him forever. Because, nothing and I mean NOTHING is worse than a shizzy dentist who hurts you. The end.

Dasha said...

I envy people that have never had a cavity. I haven't had one in years and yet I still break out in a cold sweat every time I go to the dentist. Must have something to do with the fact that my childhood dentist was creepy and sadistic. I was once talking to a guy that was in dental school and he was saying that he had a bad dentist as a kid and when he started to describe him I was like "did his name happen to be so-and-so?" And he said yes and we spent the next hour talking about how truly horrible this dentist was. It was almost like some kind of impromptu support group. Good times.
So anyways, tell Tyler to be nice to the children and not leave them unattended in that chair for upwards of 2 hours and to give them novacaine when he pulls their teeth instead of just quickly doing it and yelling "surprise!" (both true stories)

Christina and Jason said...

Poor Tyler. Glad he survived. I thought you might appreciate that Jason's "stab lab" includes giving each other shots IN THE EYE!! I'm really nervous for that day. Cute pic by the way. Miss you guys! P.S. After this semester they will be HALF way done :)

Caitlin said...

That is the cutest picture of you two! I love it!! Well tell tyler his good luck can only last for so long, I got my first cavity a few months ago. Boo! But seriously, I love that pic. I hope it's framed on your wall somewhere.

The McBrides said...

That is such a cute picture of you guys! Tyler is such a trooper!

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

CUte picture! Is that one of the ones your sister took of you? I have never had a cavity either- maybe tyler and I should have some kind of bet. With all the candy he eats and all the kids I am going to have (which can drain calcium out of your teeth) one of us is bound to have a cavity eventually. hmmm...I've seen that box of snickers in your house, my money is on tyler to be first!

By the way, stevenson said tyler did a great job! And probably wouldn've gotten a lot more done if stevenson hadn't taken all the time.

Paula said...

Love the picture! Tyler got the better end of the jab - going second - the guy that went first knew he had to be good! let's hope time flies and your brother returnes safe and sound and soon!!