Friday, January 29, 2010

I've had some work done

After a week of recovery from surgery I can say that I hope to never have any form of surgery again. It has been a bit of a nightmare. But with the hope that I will once again be able to put my foot into a pointy toed stiletto, and with the help of my sweet friends and incredible husband, I was taken excellent care of.

I was not a happy camper.This is my nurse. I felt very bad for him. I was completely useless.
Now my toes look like sausages and probably will for months.
But the boot is pretty hot huh?
This is my beautiful incision. Not too bad actually.
This is my massively swollen foot. It could be up to two months before my foot looks like a foot again. It has been a long week. And as a side thought I have been having this week...I cannot for the life of me understand how people can become addicted to pain killers. Those things are vile. They made me feel utterly awful. Today is the first day I can see straight, think straight and sit for more than 20 seconds without wanting to vomit.
Hallelujah.

10 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Gross sarser. I'm sorry about your sausage foot and I'm real, real glad that you are doing a bit better. And good thing you took pictures. Take more!

Dasha said...

Ha I loved the title of this post. And I agree with you- surgery blows and so do painkillers. Hope you make a full recovery soon!

todd and erin said...

I'm glad you are not feeling like vomiting anymore. I hope the rest of your recovery is fast and pain-free!

Mary Kelly said...

Yikes- I didn't know you were having surgery. I hope everything was successful and this is the last surgery you will need. Recovery sucks but I'm glad you are feeling better. And I'm even more happy for you that your foot will be relatively back to normal just in time for flip flop season :)

daniellejackson said...

glad you're doing a lot better today! at least you have sausage toes in the winter instead of the summer!

The McBrides said...

whats the surgery all about? Did I miss something major? I didn't even know you were going under the knife! I am so sorry, that really sucks. I have to disagree with you though on the pain killers, i don't mind em so much ;) i do hate percicet though- i demanded they take me off of it after I gave birth, I thought my skin was going to fall off! Don't hate the lortab or 800 mg IBProfin, they are our friends.

Christina and Jason said...

I didn't know you had surgery! But glad you are feeling better...and I agree...pain meds are killers! You know, you can always just tuck your pants into your boot and look stylin'! haha (In know, that was cheesy)

Unknown said...

MEGAN! OMGoodness! I'm so sorry you had to endure such agony! You looked great today though! See you later this week!

Danny Lisonbee said...

That looks kinda rough Megan IMA fly down to Portland and see you over spring break okay???

kenzie said...

sorry to see that you had surgery. But now you have the greatest excuse to not miss any of "on the wings of love..."