Friday, May 21, 2010

Dreay Friday

Today is already looking a bit precarious. It is pouring rain, I have a pounding headache, my contacts feel like they have dirt on them (but they don't), I left my cell phone at home, our computer cord snapped in half somehow, and my boss appears to be having mental breakdown number two in two days. And it is only 8:36 AM. Not good.
I am going to blame this wholly on the tsunami television program I watched last night. Far reach you think? I don't know. I watched the most horrific show on the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Most of you probably know my fear of tsunamis is completely out of control...but I have been doing well lately. I go to the beach. I have camped on the beach. I ran on the beach a few weeks ago with only minimal nerves. But I have now seriously digressed. Tyler thought that by making me watch this episode I would learn the warning signs of a tsunami and that this would calm my nervous heart and I would be able to be a happy beach goer from then on. Wrong. I think my poor start to the weekend is fates way of telling me to stay out of the way of tsunamis in any form (television or physical) because it really messes with my mental state.
Plus after nearly having a heart attack from that show we switched over to watching a show about 9/11. I went to bed with thoughts of death and destruction. Probably not wise. I will now focus my afternoon on harnessing all the positive energy out in the world and releasing my tsunami stress hang over from last night. I think this may involve leaving work early and going and sitting in my hot tub in the rain. Hmmm. Yes, that should definitely help.

This is a lovely little flower in New York to help me harness the positive. Out with the bad...in with the good!

5 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Could Portland even have a tsunami? And if so...would it even reach your house? Also...are you crazy? I guess your fear is about as rational as my fear of sharks.

daniellejackson said...

You could always use an umbrella in the hot tub!

Tara said...

I want to come sit in your hot tub in the rain... I am sick of this rain!

Dasha said...

Why is it that Fridays end up being the most blah days sometimes? Mine has been from hell so I feel your pain. Oh well...at least we have the weekend to recover!

Nicole said...

I have a fear of tsunamis too! I used to have nightmares about them (and sometimes still do). Not sure if I could watch a show like that.