Monday, July 12, 2010

Buckets of Fun

So I am going on trek in a few week with the youth in my church. We get to dress up like pioneers and follow the Oregon trail complete with hand carts and the whole shebang. I think it is going to be a pretty strenuous outing, but I know it is going to be super fun and spiritual, plus I love hanging out with my Young Women so I am excited to be a part of it. I am one of the lucky few adults from my church who were asked to participate. That all being said...I learned yesterday at our big prep meeting that this was going to be our toilet for a large portion of the trip:
Ummm wha? Let me tell you that I am not a champion squatter. TMI? Maybe. But let me also tell you that champion or not, I will be venturing into the woods over using this baby.
No doubt.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Gross! Do you have to carry it around in your cart? I'm sure the rest of it will be super fun!

Caitlin said...

Would you like me to teach you the squatting ways? I am pro. Next time you are in town, you and me in the woods baby.

The McBrides said...

seriously? youve gotta be kidding, why? wilderness for sure is better than whatever that is!

Dasha said...

Oh man. That thing does not look like fun.

And on a completely unrelated note, will you please tell Portland to stop screwing the Jazz over? I'm kind of hating them more than the Lake show right now...

Ty and Meg said...

Um no kidding. Hate them both!

the Baker 4 said...

Oh Megan you will so love the Trek but the potty...hmmmmmm that was the least fun thing when i went on my Trek so think possitive thoughts like how spiritual it will be and how much fun you will have other then the potty....Good Luck and I expect lots & lots of pics. (not of the potty tho) lol

Andrea Mouritsen said...

That is DISGUSTING. But...it could be worse. When the 2nd ward hiked Timp for Youth Conference we had to poo in black garbage sacks that our leaders held open for us. I opted to just hold it in all day.