Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I am madly in love

with Sweet Caroline. Madly. I had the best week in Utah. I got to see some of my oldest and very best friends, including one of those best friends wedding. It was beautiful and wonderful and I will give that its very own post later.
The highlight of the trip however, was spending time with my new most beautiful niece and my amazing sister and family. My whole family cannot get enough of this little girl. Seriously. There are no words. But luckily she likes me best. She told me.
I could seriously eat her in one bite.
I cannot wait {hopefully} until I am back home and can spend more time with my mom and sister. I love them. They are my best friends. I miss them.
My sister bought a very large number of little baby knit hats. We had a hat fashion show with C. She did not love it quite as much as we did.
I loved helping my sister and pretty much dominated all C time all week. It was fun playing stand in mom for a few days, but it was definitely nice to hand her back to mom for the long nights. C and I were both exhausted just from the day hours.
After spending too much time inside we decided to take a drive up Little Cottonwood to see the Albion Basin. I know we were a few weeks late this year, but the wild flowers were still absolutely beautiful. We let C bask in the sun for a little while to help clear up her final bit of jaundice.Andrea is an awesome mom. I feel so lucky to have been able to share in the first few weeks of Caroline's life. She is a beautiful little girl, with such a great temperament. I can't wait to see everyone again in November!

6 comments:

daniellejackson said...

awesome pictures! I love the cute hats and the wildflowers! Caroline is a beauty!

Dasha said...

Your niece is so beautiful! Seriously, I think most babies look weird when they are that young but she is a looker.

It was so good to see you at Rickie's wedding. I'm seriously going to call you when Mike and I finally stop being lame and take a vacation. I'm dying to camp on the Oregon coast.

Glad you got to see the wildflowers. We actually went hiking up at Alta this Sunday and were surprised at how late they stuck around this year. So beautiful.

The McBrides said...

what a great aunt! I can't even tell you how much I loved getting together with you guys, it made feel half normal again! I wish we could have had more time but lets FOR SURE do it again in November! C is beautiful, there is nothing like having a new baby in the house. Will you email me the group pic of all of us at the wedding? I need to throw it up on the blog as well, it was SO great seeing you, glad we can at least keep up as internet friends in between visits!

Christina and Jason said...

how fun! She is darling and congratulations to your sister. And you of course. Look at you all baby cuddly. Sleeping next to a baby I'm convinced is the BEST feeling in the entire world. And I love the hats.

Andrea Mouritsen said...

We miss you!

todd and erin said...

Such a cute baby. The hats are really cute as well! You look like such a natural holding her!!