Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weddings and Friends and More From Home

There comes a time in life when you say to yourself (or at least I do) I have been to enough weddings. No more weddings for me! I have found myself saying that lately. And then I went to Rickie's wedding and had to take back every single bad thing I had ever said about a wedding. Her wedding was absolute perfection. In every possible way. Beside the fact that she was quite possibly the most beautiful bride (which we all expected) I had ever seen, and despite the fact that every single detail was, as mentioned, absolute perfection (also as expected) - the highlight was seeing all of my dearest friends who I miss so much. The whole evening was full of catching up with friends- that in some cases I have not seen in years, in other cases just months -but with all of them it felt as if no time at all had passed. I am incredibly blessed to have so many wonderful friends that have been through so much with me. And there is nothing better than seeing one of your oldest and dearest friends so very happy. Rickie was glowing. Check out that dress. Gorgeous doesn't even cut it.
At the end of the night we let off hundreds of lit up balloons in memory of Rickie's beautiful cousin Sophie. It was a beautiful sight.
I doubt there are many people who can say their best friends at 12 are still their best friends at 24. These are incredible women who have done incredibly wonderful and incredibly hard things in their lives. I feel honored to know them and call them my friends.
Love you girls and miss you!
(Missing a few ladies in this last picture, but we got a good chunk of them)
I had an amazing week in Utah. I came home to Portland feeling so blessed to have so many incredible women (and a few good men) in my life. I have the most amazing family. I could not have gotten better in laws (lets not even mention how spoiled I get when I go home!) who love me and treat me as one of their own, and as said in above post...I have some pretty cool friends. And that doesn't even touch on the amazing people in my life outside of Utah (am I overdoing this sentimental post? I think we are getting real close).
So to conclude, thank you to all of the wonderful people in my life, who make me so happy every day. I love you!

4 comments:

Annah said...

I really like her dress. Classic and simple. Very Carolyn Bessette. I like.

Dasha said...

Rickie's wedding really was soooo beautiful. Which is not surprising at all given how classy that girl is. And it was so good to see everyone and catch up.

I have to say though, my favorite part of the whole night was watching Rickie accidentally hit that little girl with the bouquet. Mike and I were laughing for a good five minutes. Apparently we are super immature.

The McBrides said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The McBrides said...

yea that was fun, I wish I had gotten there a little sooner, I am so happy for them, what a cute couple! Oh and I am going to steal that group pic from you ;)