Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lets just get this one over with...

I have so many pictures I want to post from our weeks of travel, but I figure I will just get this Twilight one out of the way. Let me just start by saying that Forks is a colossal dump. Most of it looked like this (only add a lot more crap scattered around the front lawn):

But nevertheless, we were very happy to pull into our hotel after a very long day hiking in the pouring rain (photos to come...let me tell you, Olympic National Park is insanely awesome, even in the rain). Our first stop was lunch at a very classy pizza joint. They surprisingly had the best breaksticks I have ever had in my life. Rosemary breadsticks actually. Dreamy.

Take a look at the special Twilight menu. While I was happy (and slightly horrified) to be romping through Twi land, I just could not bring myself to order the "bella-sagna" or "edbread." Just couldn't do it.

We had a spectacular stop at the Forks visitors center. They have made more than the most of transforming their dumpy town into the Forks we all know and love.

You guys! This is Bella's truck!!

And for the raging deal of only $40 per person you can take a 3 hour tour on this short bus to see everything Twilight in Forks and La Push. Only $40! What a steal. OR...you could do what we did and see it all in about 20 minutes for free. Its up to you really.

Tyler could barely contain his excitement. And I mean BARELY. He was about to meet all my best buddies....

I am super tight with Jacob and Bella and Edward...and all the Cullens. See? Super tight.

The highlight of Tyler's trip was when he was forced into Dr. Cullen's lab jacket, handed a clip board and asked to check Bella's heart. It was also the highlight of my trip.

After hanging with the stars, we went and checked out Bella's house. Does anyone remember it being blue? Or has it had a face lift? It actually looks nothing like the house in the movie. Especially if you could see the street it is on. Definitely not the same street.

Every single store and restaurant had something about Twilight sparkling in the window or hanging from the doors. It was a little pathetic and a little awesome.

This is the super awesome store where I got my super awesome Twilight sweatpants. Dazzled by Twilight is the hippest store in Forks. And for a mere $69 plus tax you could buy a Twilight hoodie. And I would say that 99% of visitors did just that. I was the 1% that just could not cough up that much for an Edward face on my back.

So all joking aside - the very best moment of the Twilight party was pulling into our hotel after dinner and parking next to this minivan:

We were seriously really sad about missing all of the festivities for Bella's birthday. They wrapped up hours before we rolled into town. I wanted to see all those crazy fans so badly. So when we got to park next to a mom twihard? I was very very happy. I kept saying to Tyler "This is a joke right? This must be one of those tour cars right?" He assured me it was not. This is a true twihard vehicle. Awesome.After our evening in Forks, we said goodbye to the vampires and moved on to the werewolf portion of our trip. On to La Push.

The Quileute reservation in La Push made Forks look like Hollywood. It was really sad actually. So I didn't even bother taking pictures of that. But I did love the stunning beaches. La Push gets two thumbs up for its super beautiful hiking and coast line.

Tyler loved wading through the tide pools. He found some pretty awesome starfish and other creatures.

On the way out of town we stopped by Jacob's place, but he was not home. Bummer.

While the whole trip really was a lot of fun, the best part was just getting to spend some quality time with Edward.

5 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

JEAL. Seriously. I would have paid $69 for a Twilight sweatshirt.

For real though, all of that is very weird and creepy. Twitards scare me.

todd and erin said...

Props to Tyler for going to Forks. Everything you shared from Forks was insanely awesome and freaky.

Dasha said...

Holy crap. Is that car for real? People are weird. Nothing mystifies me more than the Twilight phenomenon. I enjoy a literary guilty pleasure as much as the next person, but halfway through reading the first book I was so bored I almost didn't finish. That said, I would probably still enjoy a trip to Forks just for the people watching. Love me some freaks.
Excited to see pictures from the rest of your trip!

Matt and Melissa said...

That is kind of a dissapointment that Forks is dumpy, but the trip looked fun regardless. I am sure you had your Twilight fix for a while. Love it!

the Baker 4 said...

Im soooooooooo Jealous wish i could go there....not so sure Bart would be up for that trip. LOL Glad you had a great time.....But I am with you about the sweat shirt, dont think i could spend 69.00 on it.