Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thinking way too much while driving...

While at church last night with my awesome young women I was thinking about what a big responsibility it is to "lead" youth. They are incredible young women and I have a part to play, no matter how small, in their future. I want to be an influence for good, and an example that they can follow. It has made me very conscience of my actions and words and even my thoughts. And as I was driving home mulling this over, the face of my wonderful husband popped into my head and I thought "I should tell them to marry someone stinking brilliant like Tyler" {that is a direct quote from my mind, just so you know}. I feel so very blessed and lucky to be married to Tyler. To say I am proud of him doesn't really do him justice. I honestly think he is the most brilliant, talented, focused man alive {not to mention smokin hot}. He has worked like a crazy person these last few months to prepare for his first round of dental boards and yesterday we got his results. Not only did he pass, but he dominated. Not that I am surprised, but I just continue to drip with totally biased pride. As I continued my drive home last night I kept thinking about my young women, and my husband and I thought about how I was never the girl who dreamed about her wedding and being married. I wanted to get married, eventually, but not until I did a million things and was much much older. Well obviously that didn't exactly go according to plan. And I am so grateful. I am so grateful that I have a loving Father in Heaven that has a hand in my life, and helps to steer me in the right direction. Tyler, and marriage, is the greatest blessing in my life. Plus, did I mention that he is smokin hot?
Tyler in his baseball gear. One of my favorite looks he sports.

So congratulations to my most brilliant husband! I can't wait to see all the incredible things he does in his life. They will be great in number.

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

I feel like I can echo everything you just said, and sympathize with you in many ways. I love that we have been able to share so many things together, including the Rothko moment in SF, getting married, growing up, etc. You're the best. I also have a new responsibility to lead some young women... I'd love to hear your insights :)

xoxo

Dasha said...

What a tender post. It's amazing how who you marry has such a profound effect on your life. I didn't plan on getting married young either but it's funny how life can turn out even better than what you had planned.

I bet the Young Women love having you as a leader. Just the fact that you think so much about what kind of influence you're having on them speaks volumes about what kind of a leader you are.

Oh and congrats to Tyler for passing his test! That's a big accomplishment.

Christina and Jason said...

Wahoo for Tyler! Although, like you I'm not surprised. You guys are so great...I miss you! It's crazy how you try to plan your life and nothing goes as planned...but you wouldn't change a thing because thankfully we do have a loving Heavenly Father who has better plans. I'm sure you are an amazing YW leader. It does feel like a huge responsiblilty though. Just imagine when it's your own kids that age!

Paula said...

You are a smokin' hot pair!! Congrats to Tyler.
...and yes, few things keep a girl warm at night as much as the love she has for her husband - especially when he's a goodun.

Miss you x