Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hello Fall, I've Missed You

I am happy to say I have finally quit hanging on to summer like my life depended on it.
I am in love with Fall. I knew that, but I had forgotten.
Our trip to the pumpkin patch is what kicked off my reminder, but today I finally re-embraced Fall.
The list is fraught with reasons for loving this time of year... boots, scarves, sweaters, crispy weather, pale blue skies, not to mention the fantastico tv shows.
Have you ever noticed how light is different in the fall? When the leaves start to change, so does the sun and the sky. I am not sure how to explain it, but I love it. Not to mention that when the temperature drops, and the crisp air comes out I can convince myself that I need a pumpkin spiced steamer daily.
I also purchased a vanilla pumpkin candle at Pike's Market a few weeks ago. I am fairly certain heaven will smell like pumpkins and vanilla.
I am wearing my saucy purple tights today and feeling very fallish.
And on a separate note, please tell me that you all love fall television as much as I do. Please? Tyler and I rush home, grab out sweats, throw together a pathetic dinner (leaving all dishes for tomorrow, or the day after that...and so on and so on) so that we can get in at least 3-4 TV shows before bed. I used to train for my half marathon, but that was before our DVR became laden with hours of television that we are yet to conquer. Our newest addiction? Friday Night Lights. Not sure how we missed this the first time around, but we are making up for it now. Last night we watched 3 in a row, and tonight I hope to do the same. And then the same again the next day.
And for my last thought, I only have one week until the much anticipated arrival of two of my best friends. 4 days of solid fun. Let the countdown begin.

5 comments:

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

I don't know if I should curse the Hall's or thank them for introducing us to FNL. A week and a half straight of 2 or 3 episodes a night has left me with a headache! But we love it so much!

The McBrides said...

FNL is my FAVORITE show!!! I didn't stop watching it until had seen the first 3 seasons, then I had to wait for the 4th to air, I hate that. I wish so so bad that I was coming to visit, darn the budget, darn motherhood, darn wifehood, darn responsibility, darn darn darn, maybe someday...

daniellejackson said...

Ooh I wish I had saucy purple tights! Thanks for the warning about FNL, we may or may not be starting that soon...

Matt and Melissa said...

We are feeling the same way! Way too many shows, thank goodness for DVR! I guess I should start Friday Night Lights, but maybe after fall ha ha.

kliso said...

Can you say couch potato?