Monday, October 4, 2010

Olympic National Park. Phase 1. Lake Quinault.

If you live in the Pacific Northwest I consider it a crime against nature if you do not make the trip to Washington to explore Olympic National Park. It is a secret gem, with no crowds and limitless beauty. I am amazed at how few people know about it. I feel like our mouths hung open in awe for 5 straight days. Over the next few posts I will try to give a small taste of how awesome it is, so maybe you will take advantage and go!
Basically our days were full of big trees, moss, lakes, coast line, big trees, big trees and moss. Oh, and big trees and moss.
And while photos just do not come close to doing justice, here are a few from day one.
Tyler enjoying the large trees.Standing between a fallen tree that has been cut in half. We snapped a few photos at sunset of the beautiful Lake Quinault.
And just for posterity, I wanted to well document the monumental shiner Marilee got river rafting. Lets just say her face collided with Tyler's helmet as we went over a 10 foot waterfall. Ouch. This lovely thing got progressively worse with every day. This photo is weak sauce compared to what it turned into. Talk about a killer battle wound. She is one tough chick.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

I like your hair, it's way cute. Also, I have a video you will absolutely love on my blog. I thought of you when I watched it... (only because I thought you would think it's funny... cough cough)

Andrea Mouritsen said...

All those Northwest forests look the same to me. Don't cry.