Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mostly for me, and not for you.

So I found the rest of my pictures from our trip up to Washington and just for the sake of documenting the trip I want to throw the rest of the pictures up. Lake Crescent was stunning, and my favorite few days of the trip. But before we get to that, here are the photos from "The Hike of Death." As you can see from the photo below it was actually called Klahane Ridge, but that is not an appropriate title if you ask me. This ridiculous hike was straight up the mountain. I have never seen or experienced anything like it. I sort of thought my lungs were going to explode. We started down by the road you can see. From the road to where this picture was taken was 1 1/2 miles. Not long enough to be that high up a mountain. This picture is my attempt to show how steep this sucker was...which is clearly impossible to show because this looks doable. Luckily it was a perfect day and so beautiful that I felt as if I was sucked into a scene from The Sound of Music, so I sang my favorites from the movie and eventually made it to the top.

We had incredible views of the surrounding mountain ranges and glaciers.

Marilee is one tough lady. Larry pulled the smart move and stayed back at the bottom and napped and ate candy. Go Utes!Tyler resting among the wildflowers. Again...can you see the steepness?
The were so many wild flowers covering the mountain. It was so beautiful. I wanted to pick myself a bouquet, but settled for some photos instead.
Somehow we made it back down the mountain alive. And despite how dang hard it was we had a great time. But now, on to Lake Crescent.
Lake Crescent was without a doubt one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Not to mention ridiculously relaxing. We had a lovely little cottage to stay in and a huge fancy dinner. We rented a row boat and spent an hour on the lake. Then we sat on the dock, and took pictures all evening after which we decided to go for a late night swim. For some reason I could not resist. I loved every second of this place. Tyler exercised his better judgement and sat this one out as the designated photographer.
Some early morning shots before we left.
Before we headed home we did a little hike to this lovely fall.
I am slightly obsessed with wild mushrooms for some reason. I think it goes back to my love for Ferngully. So naturally I was very excited to see these awesome babies on our hike.
And this is just Marilee being Marilee. She hiked down a serious ledge to get to that rock. You would think that after getting the worlds worst black eye she would be a bit more hesitant to do such things, but no. And that is why we love her. Just us taking the ferry to Seattle for our last night before heading home.

We had a fantastic 1,000 mile road trip. Now on to planning for next year!

4 comments:

The McBrides said...

I am so glad you posted those pictures, what an amazing trip! you guys are very adventurous and I commend you for taking on that hike- and Fergully is definitely a classic!

Dasha said...

I'm glad you posted these too! For some reason the photos of that first hike remind me a lot of Snowbird.

Nichole said...

I will be inviting myself to next years trip, thank you very much!

Andrea Mouritsen said...

I love the photos. Really, really pretty. I can't get over what a different a Nikon can make.