Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why Non-Mormons Cant Stop Reading Mormon Housewife Blogs

My friend sent me a link to an interesting article the other day about non-Mormons being "addicted" to so many of the "Mormon Mommy Blogs." Like so many others out there, I am a reader of many of those blogs, and also find my self in the addicted column. I have a real love/hate relationship with many of them, but overall I really do enjoy reading these blogs.
I have always found it fascinating that people not of the LDS faith are such heavy readers of these blogs. Many of the blogs I read have said that the majority of their readers are not of their faith. This article offers an interesting insight into one such reader.
I was planning on writing a post full of deep thoughts about the subject, but my sister beat me to the punch. As usual. And has written more eloquently that I ever would, so go here and read the article, and then go here and read her post. I share all of her same feelings on this matter. And I could not be more grateful to know that being a wife and a mother is the most difficult and most rewarding job there is.
I would love your thoughts on the matter.

2 comments:

daniellejackson said...

I thought you would be interested in the article ;) You and your sister made great comments. I agree and I am just glad there are uplifting things out there to read amongst all of the sleaze.

The McBrides said...

I really enjoyed reading this article, thanks for sharing!