Monday, February 28, 2011

Tea Party

Since we had such a lovely time last year at the Lavender Tea House, we decided we should make it a birthday tradition and go again. I have always been a tea drinker, thanks to my wonderful Grandmother, so this is my idea of a perfect birthday party. I have the good fortune of sharing a birthday (well, almost) with this beautiful lady. I have always been lucky to share birthday parties with the people I love. My brother and one of my very best friends have birthdays two days after me and we have always celebrated together. I don't think it would feel quite the same if I didn't get to share with someone wonderful, so I am ever so grateful to Marissa for being born two days before me. In honor of my beautiful and classy tea drinking grandmother, I wore her dress. I believe her mother made this for her when she was young. I love that it fits me perfectly.
As I have said before and will say again, I have the best friends a girl could ask for.

Our favorite part about the tea house, besides the ridiculously delicious tea, is the ridiculously awesome hats.
It was a wonderful day. I can't wait for next year.
25 is going to be a good year.
I can feel it.

8 comments:

daniellejackson said...

It was a splendid event! Hope you are having a lovely day!

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Thanks for sharing parties with me! It was great again- why did we even consider going anywhere else? Happy Birthday Friend!

The McBrides said...

Happy Birthday! 25 is GREAT year, what a fun way to celebrate! I love that you are wearing your grandmothers dress, it looks great on you! Glad you could have such a lovely tea time!

Andrea Mouritsen said...

I love that dress. I also love tea. We should go there. However, I worry about the cleanliness factor of hat sharing.

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Oh yeah, and happy birfday!

Dasha said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun way to celebrate. And I think it is super rad that you are wearing your grandma's dress. It looks fabulous.

Matt and Melissa said...

That looks like fun Megan. You girls all look very classy :)

Nicole said...

that dress looks so cute on you! i love that it was your grandmothers :)