Friday, July 8, 2011

Oh Canada!

We took a full day driving from Washington up to Whistler. It was {hyperbole free} the most beautiful drive I have ever experienced. The Sea to Sky highway that led from Vancouver up through the mountains was almost unbelievable. It felt so good to be in the mountains again. I forget just how much I miss living near them. Anyway, we spent the early after noon in Vancouver. Tyler and I fell in love. It is a gorgeous, clean city full of surprisingly friendly people. I loved the cultural diversity as well. I am sure that the hot sunny day contributed to my insta love.
We spent most of our time in Stanley Park. We walked around and enjoyed the art shows, gardens, totems and city views.
I really enjoyed checking out the totem poles. The stories that went with them were super interesting and the carvings were equally impressive.
The one and only Mar and Lar.
Larry searched long and hard for the perfect spot to get their picture taken that showed the beautiful gardens and city. Who wouldn't want to live here?
After Stanley Park we searched out the Lynn Canyon suspension bridge. Not one of my favorite activities if I am being honest. The bridge was swaying all over the place because there were so many people on it. I got stuck out in the middle between hoards of tourists taking pictures. I was not a happy camper. I would say that generally, I am girl who just prefers to be on solid ground. But I will say that no matter how much I dislike the potential activity, I will always try something once. Regret is not something I do well with, and I usually regret anything I skip out on.
We stopped at several overlooks and two beautiful waterfalls on our drive.
Next stop...the beloved Whistler.
God Bless Canada. My future homeland.{KIDDING MOM!}
[sort of]

5 comments:

Tara said...

Gorgeous! Looks like a wonderful, beautiful trip!

daniellejackson said...

Now I'm really really excited to go! I'm glad you made if off of the bridge!

Malorie said...

looks like fun. I need to visit canada.

Andrea Mouritsen said...

I'm going to Canada next year. I'm excited! It looks gorg.

daniellejackson said...

I looked at your Canada posts again and was able to fully appreciate your pictures now that I've been there too! It's fun seeing you at a lot of the same places!