Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Shenanagins

My sweet baby Caroline came to visit me. A came too. So all in all it was a fabulous weekend. We had so much fun playing at the pool, going to the coast, eating, shopping and all things sister weekends entail. To say I am obsessed with C, would be the largest understatement ever.
And can you blame me? She was crazy about the beach. It was the most perfect day I have ever experienced on the Oregon coast. It took C a bit to warm up to the sand, but once she did there was not stopping her. Yummy.

It was awesome to get to be there for C's first ocean expereince. She squealed and laughed the whole time. We basked in the sunshine.
We had a girls lunch at the OG. C and I are BFF now. As long as my mother isn't around she likes me best. But who can compete with grandma anyway? I will gladly take 2nd place.
Family portrait under the Morrison Bridge. {Okay, hurry everyone...make your comments about how we need to have kids stat.} We had a nice little run in with a meth head woman. Fun times. C told her off. Then we enjoyed dinner at Montage.
After hanging with A and C I decided to head home for the weekend. Hopefully I can round up some pictures from that. I love being home. I got to see my parents new gorgeous house, celebrate C's 1st birthday and Danny's 16th {WHAT!?}, and as always I got spoiled by my parents and pretty much never lifted a finger. I also got to go to lunch with these beautiful ladies. It has been over a year since we have all been together. They are 3 of my oldest and best friends. We have been friends since we were little and now we are all growed up and having babies {Carly}. That was a strange moment for me. Realizing that one of my cloest childhood friends is a mother. Wow. Anyway, it was wonderful to see them. I love them dearly. It was a busy week, but a wonderful one.

7 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Those pictures of my baby are all very cute. I'm excited for September!

vanessa said...

darling baby, and i love her name!

daniellejackson said...

Where did you have lunch? OG? Looks like you had a lot of fun! I'm glad the beach was nice for you! You're such a cute Aunt :)

Christina and Jason said...

Ok ok I'll say it...you and Tyler are going to make a really cute family one day :) She looks like a doll and I'm sure was so much fun!

Katherine said...

Your niece is DARLING!
So now that you found my food blog I can find your bog - which seriously could be considered a travel blog!
I want to be in dental school if it means you get to travel the world and take gorgeous photos!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

Cute, cute little baby! I'm sure you are her favorite! I'm not going to be "one of those people" to say get going on the baby band wagon but you are going to be an amazing Mother when it does happen! You guys have been on some fun adventures this summer!!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

Cute, cute little baby! I'm sure you are her favorite! I'm not going to be "one of those people" to say get going on the baby band wagon but you are going to be an amazing Mother when it does happen! You guys have been on some fun adventures this summer!!