Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baby Party

A few weeks ago my amazing friends threw me the most beautiful baby shower. The decorations were darling, the food ridiculously delicious and the house full of the most wonderful women I know. It was all so lovely. I felt so spoiled and so loved.
Did I mention how good the food was?
Lucy got some seriously darling things. I cannot wait to get her here so we can start using all this awesome stuff.
I did an awful job taking pictures. Luckily we got a few of some of the attendees. I was so overwhelmed by the love and support I was shown. I am so fortunate to be surrounded by so many amazing friends. I don't know what I did to be so lucky.
Ty dropped in at the end to say hello and give me his own gifts. He spent the morning standing in line to get into the REI used sale. He spoiled me with a new Marmot, snowshoes, hiking poles and gloves. I am very much looking forward to using them all.
He then proceeded to make a room full of hormonal pregnant women weepy when he expressed what I was not able to, in telling our friends just how much we love them. A room full of pregnant women, just months before being forced to move away from each other is a sure fire way to make everyone cry. I have said it before and I will say it many times again, I don't know how I got so lucky, or more appropriately, so blessed. My husband is truly the best kind of man and my friends are so much more than I could have hoped for when we moved to Portland.
Again, I did a terrible job taking pictures and sadly we did not get any pictures of the whole group, but here is a handful of the lovely women who came to celebrate Lucy.
Thank you beautiful friends! You are all amazing. I love you so very much.

4 comments:

Hi! I am Chelsea said...

Megan!!! I am so excited for you! When Andrea told me you were having a girl I seriously almost cried! Ha! You 2 were made to have little girls, and now little C will have a cute cuz to play with! I wish you all the happiness with your little one!

Ps. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Lucy!

daniellejackson said...

That was such a great shower! We really did get lucky with the greatest friends. Thank you guys for being awesome! How are you feeling now that the countdown is now at one month!!??

Dasha said...

Tyler totally gets the awesome husband award. I think Mike would rather die than show up at a baby shower full of chatty girls. Now I say you guys abandon your plan to move to the boonies and come back to SLC instead so we can go on outdoor adventures together with our babies in tow.

Ty and Meg said...

Oh Dash I so want to do that. It is still part of the plan...just down the road. So in the mean time you guys should come to us and we will take you on an awesome adventure! I'm sure our husbands will be best friends since we pretty much live the same life. :)