Thursday, February 9, 2012

Snowshoeing and eating...Our favorite things

We wanted to get another quick snowshoeing adventure in before I deemed myself too pregnant to hike around in the snow. So we took a little day trip up to St. Helens and hiked into Ape Cave. We had to get crafty with some bungee cords and our backpacks in order to strap our snowshoes on for the hiking in the cave portion. But all in all it worked out pretty well.

It was a little eerie to be the only people around when hiking through a pitch black lava tube, but we loved it.

We didn't bring our still camera so these terrible pictures were taken from our video camera. I need to learn how to take normal looking pictures on it. But regardless of the quality, you get the idea. It was warm and sunny and we loved being outside. There was not nearly as much snow as we were hoping for, but that made the hike easy.

Although we have no photos to document, we ended our day by going to a fabulous restaurant with some friends. I almost died in my plate of home made spinach and artichoke ravioli covered in pesto cream sauce, but not before I inhaled 10 pieces of bread covered in a garlicky butternut squash spread. My friends, go to Iorio. You will not regret it. It was the best food I have had in a very long time, and I don't even really like Italian food.

6 comments:

todd and erin said...

Again I am amazed. Pretty sure at this point in my pregnancy, I needed someone to help me get off the couch. :) Have you bought your baby backpack to take the baby on your adventures yet? I think you'll get good use out of one. :)

daniellejackson said...

So bummed we missed out! Looks like a lot of fun!

Andrea Mouritsen said...

I can't believe you are being this active when you are this pregnant. That's impressive.

Christina and Jason said...

Ahh look at you! Way to go. You are getting close! I agree with Erin, you definitely need a baby hiking backpack.

Dasha said...

Way to stay awesome while pregnant. You are my hero. And that food sounds amazing. The outdoors and a good meal are my favorite too.

vanessa said...

i can't believe you went snowshoeing being that pregnant and also that you don't like Italian food! You are crazy, and you look so good, and it was great to see you today! Can't wait for this baby!