Friday, October 9, 2009

Fashion Week

So I had the very good fortune of attending a little piece of Portland Fashion Week last night with my friend Andrea. We clearly are both very fashionable, so it only made sense that we go together. Only, I didn't really know that it was in fashion to wear your fathers old dingy button up shirt with a belt. But apparently it is. At least according to many fashion show attendees.
We felt like we had died and gone to heaven. Not because of the fierce fashion, but because of the incredible people watching. Andrea is great because she understands the importance of a good night on the town full of fashion, and people watching. I think this was top 3 best watching ever. And that is saying something friends.

This was one of my favorite couples of the night. Obviously.
If that is not true love, I do not know what is...unless it is this beautiful fleece coat dress with gold sparkly leggings! And who doesn't dream about owning a lovely slinky corset dress laced with chains and huge feathery head dresses? I can't wait until these little numbers hit the shelves!

Gold lame' super hero meets bringing back ABBA!? Yes please!

I actually am already on the waiting list to pick this piece up for Tyler ASAP! He really looks stunning in shimmering pink capes.

One of my real favs of the night would be these farmer chic denim overalls. I am SO glad to see these babies coming back!

Now to be fair there really were some fabulous little outfits on the runway, like this coat and boot number:

But really, where is the fun in that?

5 comments:

todd and erin said...

Wow--we have a lot to look forward to in fashion!

Dasha said...

People watching is my most favorite activity. And the reason I am really sad that I didn't go to lagoon this summer.

kliso said...

WOW now I know what to give you for Christmas!

Christina and Jason said...

Oh man, I'm jealous of the amazing people watching! So fun. And I better see Tyler in that pink shimmering cape at christmas!

Andrea Mouritsen said...

So basically Portland sucks at fashion?