Monday, November 22, 2010

Another one bites the dust

Another half marathon down. I have to admit, this race was not the same inspiring, thrilling experience that my first race was. I had a hard time mentally getting into this one. I am so happy I had 3 awesome friends to run it with. That sure helped my cause. We had a fantastic weekend in Eugene and really got incredibly lucky with weather. It was cold, but sunny and beautiful instead of gray and pouring like it was supposed to. A not so small tender mercy. The course was beautiful and the race went really well. I got a new PR at 2:07:57. So that was exciting. Marissa and I stuck together the whole race which I was so happy about. But we all finished within a few minutes of each other. I am so glad we found a race that we could all do together. It was awesome. Feeling surprisingly good after the race.
We got some lovely roses out of the deal from our husbands. And some chocolate milk...which at the time was even better than the roses.
We spent the afternoon lounging at the Smith Compound. We napped and chatted and shot some guns. Just a typical afternoon.
I seriously love these girls and am so happy they kicked my butt into gear and got me into another race.

4 comments:

Christina and Jason said...

Way to go meg! I was wondering how this went for you so I'm glad it went well! Good news...we are coming back for Christmas, so time to plan. yea! Have a good Thanksgiving and good luck making all the food!

Unknown said...

way to go girl! now you need to come run Ragnar with us, oh and lets do a marathon :)

Andrea Mouritsen said...

I think its really awesome that you did this. Especially since I would and could never. C and I are really excited to see you!

Matt and Melissa said...

Nice Job girls! that is awesome, and I am very proud :)